CHICKEN BURRITO CASSEROLE
Family Circle, Sept. 09
1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 package (2-1/2 lbs.) frozen bean-and-cheese burritos, thawed (such as El Moneterey)
1 cup milk
1 can (10-3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Place chicken in pot of water and boil gently for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and cut into 1/2″ pieces.
3. Coat a 13 x 9 baking dish with spray. Add burritos, cutting to fit in a tight single layer. (You will need 10 to 12 burritos, depending on the brand).
4. Scatter the chicken over the top.
5. In a bowl, combine the milk, soup, 1 cup of the cheese and the olives. pour mixture over the chicken and burritos. Top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake at 350 for 3 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE
Book: Just Peachy: Cooking Up a Cure; altered by me!
4-5 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 jar salsa
1 can corn or equivalent in frozen
8 tortillas, cut in 1/8″ strips
1, 8-oz package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1, 8-oz package shredded Cheddar cheese
Options to add: chillies; olives; onions
1. Combine all ingrediants except cheese and tortillas.
2. Arrange 1/2 the tortilla strips in greased 13 x 9 pan.
3. Add 1/2 chicken mixture, cover with jack cheese
4. Top with remaining toritilla strips and remaining mixture
5. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until heated through.
6. Add cheddar cheese on top and bake an additional 10 minutes.
STOVE TOP CHICKEN BAKE
This is from kraftfoods.com and can also be found on the back of the Stove Top Chicken box (or at least it used to be)!
1-1/2 to 2 packages Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1-1/ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup sour cream
1 package (16 oz) frozen, mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
1 package (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package.
2. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream and veggies in 13 x 9 baking dish; top with stuffing.
3. Bake 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Take out, sprinkle cheese on and put back in oven until melted.
MARINATED TOMATO & CUCUMBER SALAD
4 lg. tomatoes, cut into wedges