I always say that I am not going to make any New Year’s resolutions but this year, I have a few that I feel are important to both my physical and emotional well-being. So, by writing them down for all to see, they may have a better chance at becoming more “concrete”.
1. Get myself and the family living a more healthy lifestyle. If you know me “in person”, you know that both myself and hubby are built large and we need to lose weight. But him and I have been also talking about our “health” as a whole, instead of just in losing weight terms. So I need to make this my main goal to start making changes in food, exercise and what we do as a family so that the kids are involved as well.
2. Update my blog at least ONCE a week!
3. This is almost contrary to the goal #2 but to be on the computer LESS. I’m a little addicted to facebook, scrabble online and checking email but now that I have FOUR children and work full-time, the computer takes up more time than I’m willing to admit.
4. Become clutter-free or more organized. By nature, I’m an organized person and so this isn’t really a big-time priority for me but I do “keep” magazine clippings, recipes, etc that I find I like and I tend to “stack” them sometimes and so this year, I would like to find some sort of organizational system for storing everything. Just finding the time to do it is the main priority I thin.
5. Sew more! This is my one “pleasure” goal. I haven’t had a chance to do any quilting or crafting here lately and so I would like to at least start and finish one quilt. I have a girlfriend having a baby in April and so I would like to make a small blanket for her baby and then I’ve also been buying material to make the boys each a quilt and so I would like to start on those and maybe give those to them for Christmas in 2010 and then give the girls theirs in 2011. If I can make it through this goal, next year, I’ll add a new one of taking knitting lessons! ha!
So those are my “resolutions” or “goals” for 2010. I think pretty reasonable and not out-of-reach. I’ll try to update this blog throughout the year as to how I’m doing on each one! If you have any of your own, please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what they are! Goodluck to you all!